LMC students may earn credits by taking in LMC 4904 for qualifying unpaid internships.
Credits will count as LMC elective or Free elective.
LMC 4904 is pass/fail and requires that you meet Institute regulations on pass/fail credit; 9 credits pass/fail maximum are permitted while at Tech.
To Register for LMC 4904
- First land the internship. Then have your new supervisor send an email to email@example.com in order to receive the permit to register for the course.
- The email should include employment details such as: dates, hours, and title/duties for your internship. Details must be approved as relevant for credit before students receive a permit to register. The time investment will correlate to the number of credits you earn.
- Rule of thumb: 12-15 hours per week over a typical semester = 3 credits
- Students must also complete the Information for Internship Partners and Internship Contract.
- Please review the Internship Contract for LMC 4904 and then email the executed contract itself as attached or email the details in body text to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email account.
For Paid Internships
Visit The Georgia Tech Career Center to register your internship as professional practice.
Book an appointment with the IAC Career Educators to prepare your resume, cover letter, or other application materials.
Attend the Career Center's Workshops.
Need to talk through ideas? Get feedback on your portfolio? Level-up your resume? Or feeling stuck? Reach out to CoLab/Creative Director, Jillann Hertel via AdvisorLink. If no times are available that meet your needs on there, please email her directly at email@example.com
To learn more about experiencing an internship abroad, visit our toolkit to view campus resources and more.