Mental health awareness poster series, volume III.
Jillann Hertel, MFA
Inspirational Figures is a poster project supported by the CoLab as an effort to uplift students and to feel less alone in their own struggles. Students were asked to choose public figures who they themselves found inspiring in order to share those stories with a broader audience. LMC’s Creative Director Jillann Hertel asked colab Lead Designer, Selena Do, and Visiting Designer, Clare Seymour, to accomplish a few things in creating these posters:
- Six total posters that share a themed-layout — inspiration from our two previous collections offer some perspective on where we've been and where we could take it next
- Each poster include a modified image of a public figure
- Diverse representation across the collection
- A quote from the public figure that highlights their own perspective/experience with mental health incorporated into the design
- They each have a vivid/saturated stand alone color that also works with the other posters when viewed as a collection
- That the posters have an art-poster look and feel — collectible and exhibition worthy
The result are all six posters as interpreted, envisioned, and designed by Do and Seymour with feedback from Hertel. Once the digital files were completed and approved, Hertel had them professionally printed, framed, mounted and then arranged for various traveling showcases in order for the works to be viewed by a larger audience. They are now housed in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication.